Updated on: July 25th, 2017
Next Update on: Every Other Week
Future Men Goals:
Personal/Family Goals: During Sam’s stay here at Future Men we are going to be focused on many different aspects of Sam! We are going to address his need to be more engaging with family, and to address and restore the situations that brought him to this place in his life. We would like him to figure out where he stands in regards to his faith, and make the connection between his profession of faith and how it is played out in his life.
Academic Goals: Sam will graduate from Future Men with a high school diploma.
Apprenticeship Goals: We would like for Sam to find a trade that he is truly passionate about. We hope to set him up with an apprenticeship that lays the groundwork to build skills for future employment.
Sam is doing very well at the fire station. He received a great evaluation and will start his fire fighter classes soon.
– Algebra 1: Sam is currently working on lessons 96 – 100. There is a total of 142 lessons in this class. Overall Average: 87%
– World History: Sam is on chapter 6 of 30 in this subject. Overall Average: 91%
– Economics (.5): Sam has finished all of his work for this class. Final Grade: 89%
– English 11: Sam is currently reading through his second book for this class, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is the second of four books needed to fulfill this credit. Overall Average: 85%
– Physical Science: Sam has finished all his work for this credit. Final Grade: 83%
– Biology: Sam is currently finishing up unit 3 of 5 in this class. He is turning in good work. Overall Average: 93%
Sam is also enrolled in: Worldview (1 credit); Life Skills (1 credit); Apprenticeship (1 credit); and Physical Education (1 credit). In order to graduate from high school he must also complete: English 12 (1 credit); Algebra 2 (1 credit) and Government (.5 credit). He should do well.
Sam is doing really well this week. He is on manhood with only one check. Over the past two weeks he has only received three checks. He seems to be really enjoying his new apprenticeship. He had a really good phone call with his family and seems to be trying hard to reconcile that relationship.
Our prayer for Sam is that he will be willing to listen to the counsel of his authorities, and that he will begin to really think through his worldview and his lifestyle choices.